• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Camera Ticket, possible technicality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brakefade

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello. I just got a ticket in the mail for failing to stop at a red light. It was my car in the pictures, and it was me that was driving it. However the driver named in the citation is not me. Driver license number, name, DOB, age, height, weight none of them match. Is there any way I can get the court to dismiss this ticket? Thanks.

Jim_bo

Dude... if the driver's name, DL number, age, weight, etc are not you.... then YOU didn't get a ticket. Why is this hard?

Jim_bo

Well... do what you want, but if a warrant is issued, it won't be for the picture... it will be for the guy's name and DL number on the ticket. What did you expect?

racer72

Do you know the person named on the citation and is this person the registered owner of the vehicle? If the answer is yes, all they have to do is give them your name and the ticket will be reissued to you. If the answer is no, there very well could be a mixup between two tickets, someone else got a ticket with your name and info. Then you have to decide if it's worth the gamble of possible having your license suspended because the other person ignored the ticket they received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">