• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Camera Tickets - MTA issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keechee1

Now that Los Angeles is getting rid of its red light cameras, what about those on the busway handled by the MTA? I know they are not impacted by the LA decision, but does anyone have any information or details on them? When does their contract expire? Any links to data sites would be appreciated.

I was issued one on White Oak at the busway in Van Nuys which I am fighting.

Thank you.

randomguy

Now that Los Angeles is getting rid of its red light cameras, what about those on the busway handled by the MTA? I know they are not impacted by the LA decision, but does anyone have any information or details on them? When does their contract expire? Any links to data sites would be appreciated.

I was issued one on White Oak at the busway in Van Nuys which I am fighting.

Thank you.
If the Cameras are located in LA County you can ignore them. I know what other will say, how can you say this, registration will be suspended etc. LA Courts in county refuse to enforce photo/video tickets. Which means any ticket issued in LA County, be Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Culver City etc are not enforced by court. Yes the camera company might try to send it to collection but from reading what city council are saying they can't legally put negative mark on your credit report.

P.S Do not ignore cameras in San Diego/Ventura courts do enforce it there.

keechee1

You did not answer my question as it relates to the MTA agreement with ATS.

I am fighting this ticket and have a court date to plead my case - ignore is no longer an option so please skip discussing this approach.

I will restate the question:

randomguy

You did not answer my question as it relates to the MTA agreement with ATS.

I am fighting this ticket and have a court date to plead my case - ignore is no longer an option so please skip discussing this approach.

I will restate the question:

The fact that la is cancelling the program is not relevant to your situation. Also same thing for when contract for MTA ends being you already got the ticket in the mail.

I_Got_Banned

Here you go, from the horse's mouth, as they say... This should answer your question (you can go to Superior Court of California - County of Los Angeles and see this for yourself):

www.lasuperiorcourt.org said:
LOS ANGELES SUPERIOR COURT ANNOUNCEMENT

July 29, 2011
The City of Los Angeles has decided to end its red light camera program on July 31, 2011. The City's action does not stop the processing of outstanding red-light citations. It does not eliminate penalties associated with red-light citations. It does not constitute grounds for a refund of any money paid on such a citation. Anyone issued a red-light citation must resolve it within the specified time limits or face certain penalties as prescribed by law.

29 de julio de 2011

La Ciudad de Los Ángeles ha decidido suspender a partir del 31 de julio de 2011 su programa de fotografías por pasarse el semáforo en rojo. A pesar de esta medida, la Ciudad no dejará de procesar las citaciones judiciales pendientes por pasarse el semáforo en rojo. Esta acción no elimina las penas relacionadas con esas citaciones ni constituye un fundamento para obtener el reembolso de ninguna cantidad que se haya pagado por dichas citaciones. Toda persona que haya recibido una citación por pasarse el semáforo en rojo deberá resolverla dentro de los períodos especificados o quedará sujeta a ciertas penas prescritas por ley.

I_Got_Banned

If the Cameras are located in LA County you can ignore them.
Seriously... You need to stop posting that in each and every thread. You're not doing anybody any favors by continuing to say that; especially without verifying first what stage of the process the individual case (as is the case here):
The fact that la is cancelling the program is not relevant to your situation.
And...
I know what other will say, how can you say this, registration will be suspended etc. LA Courts in county refuse to enforce photo/video tickets. Which means any ticket issued in LA County, be Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Culver City etc are not enforced by court. Yes the camera company might try to send it to collection but from reading what city council are saying they can't legally put negative mark on your credit report.
... Yeah, and yet you cannot offer any guarantee that current policy will not ever change.

ETA: You only listed 3 cities, here's a more comprehensive list:
Baldwin Park
Bell Gardens
Beverly Hills
Busway Crossings in LA Area
Canoga Park
Cerritos
Commerce
City of Covina
Culver City
(East/West) Gold Line Rail Crossings in LA
El Segundo
Gardena
Glendale
Glendora
Hawthorne
West Hollywood

Last edited:

randomguy

Seriously... You need to stop posting that in each and every thread. You're not doing anybody any favors by continuing to say that; especially without verifying first what stage of the process the individual case (as is the case here):

And...

... Yeah, and yet you cannot offer any guarantee that current policy will not ever change.

ETA: You only listed 3 cities, here's a more comprehensive list:
Baldwin Park
Bell Gardens
Beverly Hills
Busway Crossings in LA Area
Canoga Park
Cerritos
Commerce
City of Covina
Culver City
(East/West) Gold Line Rail Crossings in LA
El Segundo
Gardena
Glendale
Glendora
Hawthorne
West Hollywood

As it stands right now unless law is passed to force la county court to enforce it is highly unlikely they will change their policy. Motorist need to know that those ticket can be ignored as admitted by la city council members that voted recently to cancel la contract.

randomguy

That is true in LA, but may not be generally true for all courts in CA. Just in case other readers are planning to ignore their red light ticket.
In case it was not clear. It is LA COUNTY COURT ONLY. San Diego county, Ventura county and other city/county do notify dmv from my understanding.

I_Got_Banned

As it stands right now unless law is passed to force la county court to enforce it is highly unlikely they will change their policy. Motorist need to know that those ticket can be ignored as admitted by la city council members that voted recently to cancel la contract.
The part you don't seem to understand is that the law you speak of is already on the books (and this is not the 1st time I've posted this)... The law states that the court may notify the department... L. A. County court chooses not to for the time being. But at any point in time, they can decide to start "notifying the department"...

And by the way, if the law is not already on the books, then how are Ventura and San Diego counties enforcing it???

That really means nothing. The court do not notify dmv so most can happen is that it will be sent to collection and you will get a phone call which can be stopped using c & d letter.
Let me see... An official announcement on the L A County court website "means nothing"....

And yet your claim that this citation for this OP "can be ignored" only to come back and retract and say "oh, it is not relevant to your situation" should "mean something"!

I_Got_Banned

Motorist need to know that those ticket can be ignored as admitted by la city council members that voted recently to cancel la contract.
So what you're basically saying is the the L. A. City Council can dictate what the L. A. County courts can and cannot do... :rolleyes:

And if at some point in time, the L. A. County court system decides to go after those violators -as prescribed by law-, then the L. A. city council will stand up to defend all those violators!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">