• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light camers ticket question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StrikerDown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California, Incorporated city.

Received a red light violation notice on a vehicle registered to a corporation. It is an inquiry of the drivers name. (me) Is it required that I turn myself in, seems like a 5th A issue.

Is a response to the inquiry required?

What can/will they do?

It does not seem like it is my job to RAT myself out.:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did the notice say something to the effect of "Do Not Contact The Courts"?

If so, then I suggest you check out http://highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamsticket.htm#Fakes

Even if you had received a real ticket, you would have no legal obligation to identify the driver. However, if you receive the company mail at your home address, there is a danger that the police might look that up that address, see who lives there, and get your driver's license photo. Then they would be able to cite you personally. If your company had a PO Box, then it would avoid that problem.

StrikerDown

Ddude,

That would make it easier for them, not the case though. Won't be hard to figure out if they spend the time. Perhaps they are over worked!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">