• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

red light fast light illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bearsfan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?illinois, I recently made a left turn and the total duration of the light was 5 sec, 2 sec green 3 sec yellow , very fast light , I entered the intersection. .o8 sec after it turned and I was in traffic can I beat this money targeted ticket? 100bks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?illinois, I recently made a left turn and the total duration of the light was 5 sec, 2 sec green 3 sec yellow , very fast light , I entered the intersection. .o8 sec after it turned and I was in traffic can I beat this money targeted ticket? 100bks
A 3-second yellow is VERY long. You had plenty of time to stop - you were just upset that the green was so short, so you hit the gas to beat the light instead of hitting the brakes and waiting for the next green.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
How can you possibly know that you entered the intersection .08 seconds "after it turned"? And turned what?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How can you possibly know that you entered the intersection .08 seconds "after it turned"? And turned what?
It was probably a red light camera ticket. The timing would be listed on the ticket.

ETA: I know that you know how red light camera tickets work ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">