• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Photo Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

picgirl1969

What is the name of your state? California

Is there any way to fight this type of citation?

Any advise would help!

HomeGuru

picgirl1969 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Is there any way to fight this type of citation?

Any advise would help!
**A: yes, especially if you were not driving that day.

P

picgirl1969

Details:

And this is the honest to god truth...!
A truck was pulling out of a gas station from a driveway next to the intersection with the camera. I was in the left lane (there are two lanes). Not sure what he was doing, but he drove right at me and I thought that he was going to hit me. I swerved around him and was paying more attention to that than the red light that I ran.
I just received the ticket in the mail. $341.00...

P

picgirl1969

Dark blue, large truck (maybe a Chevy) and older. It was in bad shape...
Did not get a plate #.

dequeendistress

You admit you ran the light though, correct?

Did you receive a date with the ticket to go to court if you wanted to contest it? A picture is worth a thousand words....or is it?

Last edited:
P

picgirl1969

I did do it...(but I have a legitimate excuse, which I know they won't care about). I know that I should just pay the citation, $341.00 is a LOT of money though and is going to be hard on me financially.

To be honest, the picture (IMO) doesn't even look like me and I just want to tell them that it wasn't me without it coming back in the end.

I must respond to the court on or before: 02/04/2004

dequeendistress

I would not advise telling the court it was not you, if it was. In addition why are you planning on telling a lie? Don't you think that completely discredits your original "reason" (excuse) for disregarding/running the light?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">