• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

red light and right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigbirdstyle

Scenario: Los Angeles intersection. I’m going eastbound. I see my green light and one sec later moved forward. I hit another car coming out of nowhere making a left turn southbound. My insurance company says I’m at fault unless I can prove that the other party made the left turn when his left turn signal was red. Should I have complete blame even if no one is sure if he made the turn legally? Because of this incident I was cited for not yielding to the right of way of a car already in the intersection. What is the best strategy to beat this citation? The court has to prove I'm guilty beyond a reasonable doubt right? Thanks

D

davelu99

If the other car was in the intersection before you entered, you're out of luck. They had the right of way. If this is what the Police Officer put in the report, you'll never beat it, because a judge will always take a PO's word over the average citizen. I think you're out of luck on this one... Sorry :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">