• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Ticket.. 2 Years Later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IMCA5x

I have been living in Oregon for the past 6 years, and have gone back to Arizona for a few months for work. While being there, I got a red light ticket that ended up coming back to my boss and I took the responsibility to take care of the issue.

After a couple extensions granted to me over the phone, I was able to take care of the ticket in February of 2012. I took a defensive driving course that was approved by the courts and was recommended to me that I take to keep the ticket off my record. I faxed the information to the courts as instructed, with all the documents needed, and the entire matter was thought to have been taken care of.

Jump to today, I have received collections notices from LDC Collections that I have an outstanding debt from the past 2 weeks. Dumbfounded, I linked this to the ticket matter in Tucson. I called the courts, and they are confused, however, told me that it wasn't taken care of and that nothing was received. I sent them the certificate, again, through the mail, and they are trying to tell me that the judge denied my certificate now saying that I didn't take care of the matter in time. The original extension was approved for October, however, due to financial circumstances, I couldn't take care of anything at the time, and asked for another, and that was granted to me as well. Unfortunately, they are saying no now, 2 years later..

What do I do? I have the certificate from the class I took that THEY told me to take, and they are trying to make me spend more money to have another judge look at it after I spent some to have the same judge look at the case again that was again, denied. I am lost and have no clue what to do from this point on as I now feel like they are trying to take advantage of my situation to get as much as they can from me. How in the heck can they come back 2 years later after nothing has been said for this long? It's crazy.

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">