• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intel

This infraction has occurred in the state of Florida. The ticket was issued by a Red Light Camera (the automated cameras at intersections).

I received a notice of violation for running a red light. The light had only been red for .2 seconds! The person driving the car did not want to slam the breaks...

I was not the driver of the vehicle when the incident occurred. I was reading the back of the notice and was planning on signing an affidavit stating that I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the infraction.

One line reads in bold, "If you assert that the vehicle was in the care, custody, or control of another person, you must provide the name, address, date of birth, and if known the driver's license number of the person who leased, rented, or otherwise had care, custody, or control of the vehicle..."

The person that received the ticket has never received a speeding ticket or has been in an accident for six years. I do not want to "rat" out the person driving the car.

So my question is that do I LEGALLY have to provide the information of the person that was driving the car?

thanks-

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I received a notice of violation for running a red light. The light had only been red for .2 seconds! The person driving the car did not want to slam the breaks...
This is why there's a yellow. It's a warning the red is coming.

Unless you want to perjure yourself and say the car was stolen, you must either admit the violation yourself or identify the person responsible. It's not optional in this situation.

Who's Liable?

One line reads in bold, "If you assert that the vehicle was in the care, custody, or control of another person, you must provide the name, address, date of birth, and if known the driver's license number of the person who leased, rented, or otherwise had care, custody, or control of the vehicle..."

So my question is that do I LEGALLY have to provide the information of the person that was driving the car?

thanks-
AZ used to have the same wording on automated tickets, however there was no legal obligation to report said information. Don't do the state's job for them! It is THEIR obligation to find WHO the person was that was operating the vehicle.

Unless you want to perjure yourself and say the car was stolen, you must either admit the violation yourself or identify the person responsible. It's not optional in this situation.
There is no perjury if the information is left blank, and it IS optional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">