• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red light ticket not marked with any offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daisy1

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I was pulled over yesterday as the yellow light I had been going through turned red. The citation notice has my birthdate as 9/29/07 (the day I renewed my license) and the officer did not check off any of the violation boxes nor did he fill in the "other offense" section.

Can I get this dismissed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Illinois
I was pulled over yesterday as the yellow light I had been going through turned red. The citation notice has my birthdate as 9/29/07 (the day I renewed my license) and the officer did not check off any of the violation boxes nor did he fill in the "other offense" section.

Can I get this dismissed?
So you're saying you have a piece of paper that is entirely silent as to the code section you violated?
It is possible that the carbonless copy didn't work properly...you should call the number for the court that is listed on the ticket (in a few days) and ask about it.

The mistake with your birthdate has no affect on the validity of the citation.

daisy1

The carbon worked on all the other parts of the citation, including the "you must mail response within 7 days" section about a quarter inch below the "disobey solid red signal" which the officer presumably would have marked. He didn't.

patstew

The carbon worked on all the other parts of the citation, including the "you must mail response within 7 days" section about a quarter inch below the "disobey solid red signal" which the officer presumably would have marked. He didn't.
Asked and answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">