• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Ticket Without Violation Code

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwr08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA.
I have done several searches in this site on what happens when an officer does not put down a code for a violation but have only come up with errors in codes for violation. The ticket that I was given simply states "RED LIGHT," under the offense section but then has nothing in the "Violation of Code Section," with the box "State Law," being checked off. Are there any grounds for arguing that I received a ticket that does not specify what I did under GA law? I'm fairly certain that the codes are supposed to be provided so that you know what you are defending... which leads me to believe that without a code I would be defending nothing.
Thanks for any help.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
He did write in the violation description. In many cases that all that's needed for a court to find the ticket sufficient, since there is probably only one red light statute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">