• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red light violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Red light violation, more interesting then it sounds...

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

So an officer gave me a ticket for running a red light ticket specifically called not obeying traffic control device (38:4-81 told it was 2 points). I was at the other side of the street just about under the light when it turned red. This is a center of town so the speed was low. The officer said "you could have stopped"

Questionable factors involved:
It was raining.
There was an open establishment busy bar at night about a block away (walking distance would be possible for intoxicated pedestrians).
No other tickets were issued.
On the intersection in question there are 4 different directions and each have lights, all of which have cameras no tickets have been issued by the camera.
No other occupants were in my car or officers in his..

Best answer I have is let the camera prove my innocence. So I am thinking subeona the camera, but how do I subpeona camera if it didn't take a photo is lack of evidence truly evidence?.. Has this approach been used before? If so did it win? Would the camera still give a ticket even if the officer did? basically any thoughts on my approach would be appreciated?

I went to court and told most of this to the prosecuter and he left the room brought two guys in suits in first thought were lawyers but i don't know pretty much kicked me out of the room saying "I want to go to trial".. Judge said i will receive a court date...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You originally posted in the wrong section (https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/red-light-violation-more-interesting-then-sounds-625464.html), but you received many replies. Your question has been answered again and again. There really was no need to re-post.

ejon

You originally posted in the wrong section (https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/red-light-violation-more-interesting-then-sounds-625464.html), but you received many replies. Your question has been answered again and again. There really was no need to re-post.
the replys came from different states which have different laws regarding cameras. i would prefer to hear from a nj lawyer. I also have not heard anyone site a case where it has been tried (effective or not). I think it's unnecessary to poison the well from a different opinion..

quincy

the replys came from different states which have different laws regarding cameras. i would prefer to hear from a nj lawyer. I also have not heard anyone site a case where it has been tried (effective or not). I think it's unnecessary to poison the well from a different opinion..
There is no special section of this forum for New Jersey attorneys.

Any attorney who posts to this forum can post in all sections of the forum, as can any non-attorney member of the forum (the majority of members on this site).

This duplicate thread has been reported and might be deleted because you have already received responses to these questions in your other thread.

Please keep all additional questions about your red light ticket to that single thread. If there is a New Jersey attorney around that wants to respond to your questions, that attorney will find you in the "Other Crimes" section.

Thank you.

Last edited:

ejon

There is no special section of this forum for New Jersey attorneys.

Any attorney who posts to this forum can post in all sections of the forum, as can any non-attorney member of the forum (the majority of members on this site).

This duplicate thread has been reported and will be deleted because you have already received responses to these questions in your other thread.

Please keep all additional questions about your red light ticket to that single thread. If there is a New Jersey attorney around that wants to respond to your questions, that attorney will find you in the "Other Crimes" section.

Thank you.
while i can appreciate your point. i have yet to recieve answers to all of my questions. I didn't know about this thread when I posted there, hence why i posted here afterwards. since not all of my questions were answered it should not be considered redundant.

quincy

while i can appreciate your point. i have yet to recieve answers to all of my questions. I didn't know about this thread when I posted there, hence why i posted here afterwards. since not all of my questions were answered it should not be considered redundant.
I think most of your questions if not all of your questions (I think you asked about case law?) were answered in your other thread. If there is anyone else who wishes to add information or advice to your thread, they will find you in the Other Crimes section of the forum and respond there.

I would not hold your breath for a New Jersey attorney to respond, by the way. I don't think there is any current forum member who is an attorney licensed to practice in New Jersey (although I could be wrong).

Zigner posted the NOTICE to indicate to you that most members of this forum are not attorneys and not to point out to you that you did anything wrong. I haven't read all of your posts but, to my knowledge, you have not violated any forum rules.

Although this section of the forum might have been a better place to start your thread originally, you will not miss out on any responses by having posted in the other forum category. The forum members will find you in Other Crimes. :)

ejon

I think most of your questions if not all of your questions (I think you asked about case law?) were answered in your other thread. If there is anyone else who wishes to add information or advice to your thread, they will find you in the Other Crimes section of the forum and respond there.

I would not hold your breath for a New Jersey attorney to respond, by the way. I don't think there is any current forum member who is an attorney licensed to practice in New Jersey (although I could be wrong).

Zigner posted the NOTICE to indicate to you that most members of this forum are not attorneys and not to point out to you that you did anything wrong. I haven't read all of your posts but, to my knowledge, you have not violated any forum rules.

Although this section of the forum might have been a better place to start your thread originally, you will not miss out on any responses by having posted in the other forum category. The forum members will find you in Other Crimes. :)
first off the answers weren't given from any legit source. second my case law wasn't. zigner is not a lawyer nor will he answer what his background actually is. a volunteer in this case is someone who has the credentials but gives his time for free. i do agree i would have been better suited posting under this forum from the begining.

with all due respenct i am hoping your wrong about nj lawyers. I am pretty sure I haven't gotten a response from an actual lawyer not with regard to any state...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">