• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Violation Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suga

What is the name of your state? CA
Tonight I got a red light violation ticket while crossing the intersection of Milpitas Blvd and Calveras. The light was green when I was about to enter the intersection and it turned yellow when I crossed the limit line of my lane. At that moment I could not apply brake as I was drving at speed of 40 mph( speed limit). I was about to complete crossing the intersection when right turned RED.

Please advice if I can contest as it was not my mistake? Incase I have to pay fine what would be the fine amount as this is the first time it happened with me?

lwpat

You always have the right to contest a ticket. Sounds like this may be one of the intersections where they have shortened the yellow timing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
grahamswilliams said:
Hi i have the same thing in VA. What was your outcome? Did you contest it?
I went through on yellow too!
Yes, however, you were ticketed by a human being, not a red-light camera. The cases are not nearly the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">