• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

.Red light violation w/o crossing intersection - CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheBlackDragon7

What is the name of your state? California

Here in Fairfield, CA, Next to the Solano Mall, there is a Left turn light with a camera system, I guess because a lot of people ran the light.

Anyway, This camera system caught me crossing the line, but, I never crossed the intersection. So, a couple of weeks later I got the notice in the mail, with the pictures and everything, and then the official notice from the court came a couple days later with a fine of $365.

My girlfriend has talked to a couple of police officers that come into her work about it, and they all said that I should be able to get it excused.

So I took it to court, and decided to plead no contest, but with explanation (since, technically, I failed to stop). The judge wouldn't excuse it, but lowered the fine to $250.

Should I (Could I) contest/appeal this judges ruling, or is it too late (my court date was in early December, and he gave me 3 months to pay it off, and I haven't paid anything yet)? Do you think any attorney would even take this case, or should I use a public defender? Thanks for any input.

CdwJava

And you do not have to cross the intersection to be charged. Just passing the limit line with some part of your vehicle is sufficient.

The sections all say that you "shall stop at a clearly marked limit line".

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">