• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of points

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

totalcom1

OK, I have received a traffic ticket in California VC22349A speeding. The ticket is two years old. I have just completed school and obtained all the necessary requirements to drive an ambulance. I have been interviewing for the last two months to get a job. I have a offer on the table for employment however the company's insurance will not cover me because I have three points on my driving record. If I can get one point dropped then I can go to work for the company. I never went to court on the ticket I just paid the fine and thats it. I have a commercial drivers license because I drive fire engines for a volunteer fire dept in my local community. So I can not go to traffic school for the infraction. I called the court to see if I can go in front of the judge to see if the point can be set aside because it is stopping me from getting a full time job. What else can I do to attempt to get a point removed. The other two points are vc22349A speeding, and a red light violation that was a picture taking device vc 21453A.

I_Got_Banned

OK, I have received a traffic ticket in California VC22349A speeding. The ticket is two years old. I have just completed school and obtained all the necessary requirements to drive an ambulance. I have been interviewing for the last two months to get a job. I have a offer on the table for employment however the company's insurance will not cover me because I have three points on my driving record. If I can get one point dropped then I can go to work for the company. I never went to court on the ticket I just paid the fine and thats it. I have a commercial drivers license because I drive fire engines for a volunteer fire dept in my local community. So I can not go to traffic school for the infraction. I called the court to see if I can go in front of the judge to see if the point can be set aside because it is stopping me from getting a full time job. What else can I do to attempt to get a point removed. The other two points are vc22349A speeding, and a red light violation that was a picture taking device vc 21453A.
Even if a judge is willing to hear you out and even if he allows you to attend traffic school, that wouldn't help you at all.

The violation points are assessed and tracked by the DMV not by the court. In light of the fact that the conviction has already been reported to the DMV, I highly doubt that you can convince the DMV to drop off any point off of your record. (Especially knowing that you will have a siren and a light-bar to use to help you clear traffic in front of you).

I realize that a year is a long time but points drop off your record after 3 years from the violation date.

Not really sure how else to say it...

CdwJava

You may have to hold off on the job until the first of those three points falls off your record. As IGB pointed out, it is the DMV that deals with the points, not the court, and as this happened some time ago, there really appears to be no good option available here.

This is a case of how one's past irresponsible acts can catch up to you. Sorry, but you just might have to wait a little while.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">