• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Representing myself in court, do I have a chance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

titorules

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Ohio

While passing car on rural route, passing lane was ending, but while 3/4 passed the other car, it began to speed up. Before running out of passing lane, I passed the car and then came over the crest of a hill. Cop on the other side, and clocked me at 69 using radar. Clocked the car on my tail, at 68. Cop pulled us both over and ticketed both. I'm trying to represent myself, but can't figure out how to aquire discover. Other than that, is it a bad arguement to speed up for safety sake, in order to get out of the incoming lane? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

racer72

is it a bad arguement to speed up for safety sake
Of the 100 stupidest things to say in traffic court, that comment is in the top 10. If you want to play a lawyer, go to a good book store and look in the legal section, you will find lots of books on defending yourself in traffic court.

jity

The infraction is speeding - I don't think you had a good reason; your other choice would be to slow down and forget the pass, which you didn’t. You could fight it and request calibration logs on the radar, training on the officer. Radar is not 100% accurate. I would not make up an excuse for speeding, if you are going to fight it - fight the radar/cop, your only shot. This would not be easy – I would recommend that you higher an attorney, as radar is complicated for the normal person. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">