• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for Traffic School after loosing Trial by Declaration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,
My girlfriend received a speeding ticket in Los Angeles for going at 81mph at 65mph zone. She believes to not be driving so fast so I want to help her. We live in the bay area and won't be able to appear in person. So I wanted to to send a Request for Discovery to the D.A and do a Trial by Written Declaration.

I have read a lot that after losing a TBDW, the driver can still request a Trial de Novo and then request traffic school. But because of the distance, she wouldn't be able to appear for a Trial de Novo.

So is it possible to request traffic school by mail after losing a TBDW? Is there another way to request it without appearing in person?

Thanks for helping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">