• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to see radar gun (need more detail)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wormous

I recently got pulled over. I just passed the 35 mph sign, and the next sign was 55 mph, so I began to speed up. The cop said I was going 60 in a 35, cause I got gunned just before the 55.

I asked to see the radar gun. The police officer refused and claimed that she didn't want me to get hit by a car. (it was 9pm at night, no cars really out there, and I was just near a 35mph zone)

On this site, it said that, "You have a right to see the gun and to see the basis for which the cop is stopping you."

Please does anyone have the Wisconsin law statue that claims this or knows where I can find this law? It won't do me any good in court if I say I just saw it on the web. :( If I can get the law code, then I'm free!!!

Please reply only if you have the Wisconsin statue or significant evidence that can verify that people have the right to see the radar gun if requested.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">