• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tkowalski

What is the name of your state? TN I recently was stopped for speeding. I was unable to make the first court date, one was rescheduled. I was out of the country for the next one. I received a letter to pay by 2/17 or suspend my license. Don't I have the right to plead my case? I have not admitted a plea one way or another. Is there such a thing as a continuence for dismissal as there is in Mn? I need advice asap. Thanks TK

Neal1421

tkowalski said:
What is the name of your state? TN I recently was stopped for speeding. I was unable to make the first court date, one was rescheduled. I was out of the country for the next one. I received a letter to pay by 2/17 or suspend my license. Don't I have the right to plead my case? I have not admitted a plea one way or another. Is there such a thing as a continuence for dismissal as there is in Mn? I need advice asap. Thanks TK
They gave you two chances to plead your case. You had more important things to do, so pay the fines and get it over with.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
tkowalski said:
The court may grant a continuance but doesn't have to. You need to schedule so you are at court. Pay the money as the other poster said.

tkowalski

my first court date was during the xmas holiday. I was back in Mn for that. The 2nd I was out of the country for business. It could not be avoided. I contacted them ahead of time and told them I would be gone and not available in person and in writing. I received the letter stating to pay. I callled and they said I had a court time. It's 2 hours away. what are my chances if I show up for a continuence?

whyUcryin

Shoulda ~ Woulda ~ Coulda

Oh! Quit whining and pay the darn ticket! You Shoulda been there! So YOU Coulda pleaded your case! all that, and YOU Woulda probably still had to have paid a fine!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">