• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights violated from the start...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shuler369

What is the name of your state? Georgia

According to legislative bill #HB 1256, in the state of Georgia, suspects have the right to view and inspect reading. The officer offered to show me the reading, I accepted, he returned to his car then returned to my car to arrest me because my registration was suspended. I was never given the opportunity to view the reading. I was asked to get out of my car, hand-cuffed and placed in the back of the officers car. He then preceeded to search my car without any further incident. He never asked, or had any other cause to do so. At which time he found a concealed weapon, and marijuana(slightly over an ounce) that was in a purse bag in the passenger floorboard (not within arms reach at the time of arrest). I also was never read my miranda rights until after I was cuffed, jailed and taken for questioning.

Please let me know how I should proceed.

Sincerely,
Stacie Shuler
Athens, GA

Dufus States!

My response:

First, "legislative bill #HB 1256" is NOT a law. It's just a Bill, waiting to determine IF it should become law. Second, you live in a Dufus State, which is one of your problems.

You're going to prison.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">