• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Road Rage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Linda Ibscher

What is the name of your state? California:( I was in an accident with a road rage driver. Originally we only bumped mirrors on the freeway. Traffic was stopped pretty much. Well the other driver got out of his SUV and started cursing and pounding his fists on my truck. I got scared and left when his fists were getting close to my face. The man got in his SUV and started coming after me. I was exiting the first exit when traffic stopped in front of me, I had to swerve a bit to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The driver of the SUV was coming up too fast. I knew he was going to hit me. But I was more worried about what he was going to do to me afterwards then what my truck would look like or even if I was going to be injured. Well he got out of his SUV and started the same stuff he did 1/4 mile ago. I was trying to roll up my window and call the police. He got too close for comfort to my face again so I backed up and almost hit a car going around us on the exit ramp. I drove to a store close by and got my window up. He pulled in and started the same stuff again only my window was up and I was totally scared. I was crying and trying to call the police and was getting no where with that. A gal in the store came out to say the police were on their way, when the man went to his SUV. The police report only says the parties in this collision were involved in a prior incedent with no damage to either vehicle. It also states he was at fault but nothing of his Road Rage and Anger. His insurance called my truck totalled and gave parcial to what it would cost to fix damage. the problem I'm having is that I was a limo driver and have not been able to work since 12/24/01 because I can't concentrate. The accident was on 12/22/01. This man caused me problems with my mental state. I was a functioning depressed person prior to this and on no medication. Its been almost 9 months now and I have'nt worked, I've been in therapy for depression, anxiety attacks, post tramatic stress disorder, mood swings, I'm scared and paranoid this man is following me and I'm on 4 different medications. I am struggling and I have a 5 year old daughter. Can I bring a lawsuit against this man for loss wages, being a different person then I was before, I can't even parent like I did before I cry all the time, I'm scared to go anywhere, I still go out my daughter is in school, I still have to go shopping, but my mind is screwed up. Do I have any options? My only witness to this incident is the gal from the store and she only saw what happen when we were parked at store.:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Linda Ibscher said:
What is the name of your state? California:( I was in an accident with a road rage driver. Originally we only bumped mirrors on the freeway. Traffic was stopped pretty much. Well the other driver got out of his SUV and started cursing and pounding his fists on my truck. I got scared and left when his fists were getting close to my face. The man got in his SUV and started coming after me. I was exiting the first exit when traffic stopped in front of me, I had to swerve a bit to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The driver of the SUV was coming up too fast. I knew he was going to hit me. But I was more worried about what he was going to do to me afterwards then what my truck would look like or even if I was going to be injured. Well he got out of his SUV and started the same stuff he did 1/4 mile ago. I was trying to roll up my window and call the police. He got too close for comfort to my face again so I backed up and almost hit a car going around us on the exit ramp. I drove to a store close by and got my window up. He pulled in and started the same stuff again only my window was up and I was totally scared. I was crying and trying to call the police and was getting no where with that. A gal in the store came out to say the police were on their way, when the man went to his SUV. The police report only says the parties in this collision were involved in a prior incedent with no damage to either vehicle. It also states he was at fault but nothing of his Road Rage and Anger. His insurance called my truck totalled and gave parcial to what it would cost to fix damage. the problem I'm having is that I was a limo driver and have not been able to work since 12/24/01 because I can't concentrate. The accident was on 12/22/01. This man caused me problems with my mental state. I was a functioning depressed person prior to this and on no medication. Its been almost 9 months now and I have'nt worked, I've been in therapy for depression, anxiety attacks, post tramatic stress disorder, mood swings, I'm scared and paranoid this man is following me and I'm on 4 different medications. I am struggling and I have a 5 year old daughter. Can I bring a lawsuit against this man for loss wages, being a different person then I was before, I can't even parent like I did before I cry all the time, I'm scared to go anywhere, I still go out my daughter is in school, I still have to go shopping, but my mind is screwed up. Do I have any options? My only witness to this incident is the gal from the store and she only saw what happen when we were parked at store.:confused:

My response:

Do what you can to edit your post to make it shorter. Take out all of the emotional words and phrases, and give us only the facts without editorializing on them. Then, list your questions at the end.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">