• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

robic speed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lpn2007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was cited for doing 40mph in a 25mph zone. I saw the officer as I passed him , he pulled out about a block n 1/2 after passing him. I was making a right hand turn when he put on his lights. My ticket says actual robic speed and he was following me for 0.18.

I do not deny I was not going 25 mph but I know I was not doing 40. I would say 30-35. I have pleaded not guilty. I have a clean record and I am afraid with my profession (some employers want a clean record) that the points could stop me from getting a job.

what exactly is robic speed ? Would it be a good idea to ask them to drop the points but pay the 140.00 citation ? Should I even bother fighting this ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! Thanx

Maestro64

It is a stop watch plain and simple, he did not follow you over .18 miles he timed you over that distance. However, are you sure it was .18 miles and not .018 miles because .18 mile is 950 ft and I highly doubt he did that since there is no way for him to see two points 950ft apart from each other. Now .018 is 95 feet which is probable wrong too it was most likely 100 ft. But 100ft is actually 0.0189393.... and the Robic Accutrak can only accept 3 decimal places so he rounded and the stop watch thought it was measure over 95 ft and not 100 ft.

If you go to court many times in PA they will approach you and try and get you to agree to a 3111 violation or 5 over which neither carry any points.

If you want to fight it there is lots of information available to contest a ticket. Do a search on Robic Accutrack and a number of posting on this board will come up. Also go to Radardectors.com and search for VASCAR and there is plenty of information there since the stopwatch is simple form of VASCAR.

Last edited:

lpn2007

I was wrong it was .018.Thanks for your advice! I have never heard the term 3111 , I will def do some research ! Thanks again !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">