• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robic Speeding Ticket in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alan66

I got a citation for doing 77 in a 45 zone. Ticket has the following information:

Clocked by Robic
Miles Timed: .0690
Seconds Timed: 3.1900
Date Equipment Tested: 2/25/16
Station Equipment Tested: W60
Device Serial Number : NCT-4
Time: 00:55
I pleated not guilty because I was driving within speed limit and police stopped me 3-3.5 miles after the place indicated in the ticket. There are 3 exist on the road between the place on the ticket and the place I was pulled over. I truly believe they stopped the wrong car.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The location where you were actually stopped is not relevant whether it's 500 feet or five miles.

There could be many reasons why you were stopped "3-3.5 miles" from where the offense took place.

FlyingRon

There are three exits on the road.
Oh, I didn't recognize it as a character transposition, I thought there were three something unspecified between him and the cop.

Anyhow, in light of that, it's still a non-sequitor. The officer will testify he saw the car and continued to follow it. As pointed out, 50yards or 50 miles, they officer is free to pursue.

TigerD

It is unlikely that the officer stopped the wrong car. But there are many issues with Robic speed clocking. I would suggest you either hire an attorney, google the Robic system, or both. It is unlikely that, as a layperson, you will be able to successfully cross the officer and bring out the errors. But stranger things have happened.

TD

FlyingRon

Calling Robic a system is a gross exageration. Robic is nothing more than a stop watch. We used the same things to time trial race cars at our local NASCAR track. However, in this case it looks like the course iand time measurement sufficiently long enough that most of the usual robic issues aren't going to be a factor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">