• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rolling Through a Red Light to Turn Right and Outragous Bail Set

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TikoTiko

What is the name of your state? California

I was accused of not coming to a complete stop while making a right turn. I am pretty sure that I did. The officer pulled me over about a mile down the road and informed me that I was being pulled over because i "Shot out into the intersection". He then said he was going to site me for not coming to a complete stop. I have decieded to fight the ticket, but its doesn't seem like it will be as easy to fight as a speeding ticket I got. Any places I can go to reference good info on fighting this ticket? I think it's basically his word against mine, so can I just ask that the case be dismissed on lack of evidence?

Second Question is this: For the first ticket (which I was found not guilty of) I was on a Radar going 15 miles over the posted limit. Bail for that was $50. I recieved the letter stating that bail for not coming to a complete stop was set for $271. WHY is is more? I have never had a prior record and I have a very stable life and job. I don't think this last ticket would be more of a greater crime than speeding so why is it more

C

Captradar

Were you arrested for this traffic incident? I've never heard of anyone having to pay bail for a traffic citation.

As for info on fighting your ticket try the National Motorist Association web site:

http://www.motorists.org/index.html

Check out the "Fight Your Ticket" section. A lot of it applies only to speeding tickets but you may find some useful info for your case. Maybe you'll get lucky and the cop won't show up at your trial. I just had a ticket for failing to signal dismissed because the cop was laid off 2 weeks after I received the ticket and wasn't available to testify.

Good Luck!

T

TrafficCop

As far as bail for a traffic stop, most people are most familiar with leaving their license (or a AAA bond card) with the officer. Alternatively, in most states, apparently you can post a cash bond and keep your license. BUT at least in IL, everyone posts some kind of bail/bond.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The bail for a "rolling red" in California is $100.00. Then, add to that $170.00 (170%) per Government Code 17000 for the "enhancement", and you get your total bail amount.

Pretty slick.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">