• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running red on a Canadian license -- now getting a VA license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canadainva

What is the name of your state? VA

I ran a red light in VA while driving with a Canadian license a little over a year ago. Now, I've switched to a VA license. Will this moving violation show up on my VA driving record?

seniorjudge

canadainva said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I ran a red light in VA while driving with a Canadian license a little over a year ago. Now, I've switched to a VA license. Will this moving violation show up on my VA driving record?
Ask the people who issue Virginia licenses.

xylene

If you were in NY, and your old DL was from Ontario or Quebec it would for sure, due to a compact between the state and those provences.

A quick glance at the VA motor vehicles information does not reveal such a comapct.

Your infraction in Canada wil still be on your record for insurance purposes.

It will only matter in regard to point based suspension, in which case you seem to have a free pass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">