• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running Red Light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlmostRetired

What is the name of your state?MD
Is there anything I can do about this? I was coming home late last night and got lost in the city (DC). I came up to 2 lights at one intersection. One light was a turn arrow and the other was a regular light. My friend told me he thought I needed to turn right. I pulled up to the light and stopped. The main light was red and the turn light which as I said is separate was green. My friend said look the other light is green so you can make the turn. Right after I realized he was right the light began to turn yellow. I started to make the turn then hit the brakes hesitating slightly...then decided to make the turn. I think in this process as I hesiatated when I was under the light it turned red. A police officer immediately pulled me over. Any thoughts...or do I just plead guilty with an explanation? As always thank you for any insight.

JETX

AlmostRetired said:
Any thoughts...or do I just plead guilty with an explanation?
My thoughts.... you ran the red light.
Of course you can go to court to fight the ticket... but I don't see anything in your post to indicate the ticket was not valid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">