• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running a red light or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mroach

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in the State of Georgia and recently received two tickets for 1. U-Turn when prohibited and 2. Obedience to Required Traffic Control Device (Running a red light). While I admit performing the U-Turn to facilitate getting to a gas pump while my motorcycle was running out of gas, I made the u-turn well prior to the intersection and even prior to the pedestrian cross walk. In other words, I never went into the intersection at all, yet was given a ticket for "running the light". After I was given the citations I attempted to ask how I could have ran the light whithout entering the intersection and was told I would be given more tickets if I wanted to "argue". I'm guessing that asking a question is the same as arguing.

Does performing a U-Turn well prior to an intersection constitute "running the light"?

mike

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">