• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running Red light with restricted Lic.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irish wendy

What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket in the mail, a photo of me running a red light. I am on probation for a DUI and have a restricted license. Is this a violation of probation? Am I going to go to jail?

Thank you.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket in the mail, a photo of me running a red light. I am on probation for a DUI and have a restricted license. Is this a violation of probation? Am I going to go to jail?

Thank you.
You have to call your PO and ask them since they have your rap sheet and we don't. (Besides, you're required to report all run ins with the law). I'm sure they'll be understanding - those cameras are notoriously wrong. Call soon so you can have peace of mind!

garrula lingua

Misdemeanor DUIs in Ca are informal - unsupervised probation - no probation officer.

Were you driving in violation of the restriction ?
If needed, can you prove you were on your way to work or the alcohol program ?

If you can't, that's proof of a probation violation - an alert Prosecutor/Court Clerk may realize there is a probation violation.
If it's a pv, it's probably 30 days in jail.

Usually, traffic tickets go thru traffic court and your misd court is unaware of those violations.
If your court is picky, they may run a DMV on you when you report to court with proof of completion of DUI program; at that point, they would see your ticket.
(one of your probation terms is 'obey all laws')

Just complete everything you are supposed to, for the DUI.

Be completely honest in court if asked if you 'have been charged with/committed' any further offense.
I wouldn't volunteer this info, unless you are sure there is no pv.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">