• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running a Yellow Light.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Boys1Mom

What is the name of your state? California
I was in Roseville the other night and ran a yellow light. I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turned yellow and it took a picture of me. I don't have a front license plate. Just kind of wondering if it takes a picture of the back and if it counts if the light was still yellow when I entered the intersection. Also i heard on the radio this morning about a county that didn't have there yellow light on long enough. Anyone know how long Roseville yellow should be?

stephenk

How do you know it took a picture of you when the light was yellow? Why are you worried? have you received anything from the court saying you ran a red light?

Pugilist

The camera computer thought the light was red, that's why it took your picture. On average, there's only about a 50% change that you will actually be sent something - and in many towns there are two flavors of what they send you.
1. Snitch Tickets. Not a real ticket, no court address on it, can be ignored.
2. Real tickets.

There is a camera behind you too, so absence of front plate won't matter.

If you want more info about these new tickets, do a google on terms like red light camera, plus Roseville.

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">