• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

s 75 3361 in Pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zmonster

What is the name of your state?PA

I was going up a hill coming to a curve in the road, and the cop was coming from the opposite side, and we passed each other right on the curve. He then turned around and pulled me over. He gave me a ticket for 3361 and he added "possibly driving too fast". The speed limit was 40, and I was doing 40. If I tell them that the cop has no proof how fast I was going, and that I was going 40 ( because my speedometer said 40 ), they're going to tell me that he doesn't need proof for 3361. I wasn't going too fast, it was a dry, sunny day around 3 in the afternoon, and I didn't cross to the other side. What else can I use in my defense so I can win the case?

JETX

zmonster said:
What else can I use in my defense so I can win the case?
That depends on what defense(s) you have available. They could range from:
- "My wife was giving birth and I was on the way to the hospital"
to
- "Wasn't me. I am deceased."

kskjaeger

JETX said:
to
I don't think he appreciates this very much.

Maybe it'd be helpful to provide a little more information, perhaps on your record?

kskjaeger said:
I don't think he appreciates this very much.

Maybe it'd be helpful to provide a little more information, perhaps on your record?
and once you learn something like -- they do not care if you go to chruch everyday and have the cleanest most perfect criminal/ traffic record in the world. They do not care...... the sentences are not as bad but you will still have heavy fines. Do not do the crime unless you can not handle the time..... ;)

kskjaeger

I'm not saying that he can get off with a gentle pat on the wrist, but he's here for legal advice, not comedy.

Were there any other notes on the citation? For instance what would indicate you were going too fast for conditions (ie: tires squeling, crossed line etc). If you are going to fight this I would have PENNDOT info on road condition, weather info etc. The officer will need to provide reason he determined you were going too fast for conditions (like loss of control) during his testimony at which point you can ask him/her questions.

A state officer friend once told me 3361 is kind of a catch all thing. It can be used pretty much anytime they want to give out a ticket or if you want to give someone a break (but not as lenient as a warning) since it carries only 2 points no matter how fast you were going.

Hopefully you will get a magistrate that will listen. Either way, do your best to show respect (whether you feel it is due or not).

zmonster

Thanks for being so nice and understanding, kskjaeger and loulblades. The only other information that the officer wrote at the bottom of the ticket over where it says remarks was: "possibly speeding". And as I said, conditions were perfect, middle of the afternoon around 3 o'clock, no tires squealing or anything, I was doing exactly the speed limit, I didn't cross the line, and I didn't lose control. All I did was pass by him, and he turned around and pulled me over.

JETX

zmonster said:
Thanks for being so nice and understanding, kskjaeger and loulblades.
Sorry, but you obviously have mistaken the intent of this forum. Neither of the persons you 'thanked' actually gave you any legal advice.... they just gave you sympathy. So, please post your issues over at the Oprah or Dr Phil websites.... as they will give you all the 'warm-fuzzies' you so desperately are searching for. Have a hap-hap-happy day!! :D

Neither of the persons you 'thanked' actually gave you any legal advice.... they just gave you sympathy.
That's because real legal advise must sound like:

to
Whoever runs this site maybe should change the name to freebashing.com.

In the mean time zmonster, do what you can to defend yourself and get a not guilty. At the very least get it knocked down if what you are saying happened is what happened.

JETX

loulblades said:
That's because real legal advise must sound like
Yep. With the very limited information provided by the poster.... and the LACK of any defense, even a feeble one, that IS legally accurate ADVICE (the correct spelling).

Whoever runs this site maybe should change the name to freebashing.com.
Why?? Where is the 'bashing' in this thread... except to your inane drivel post. :D

In the mean time zmonster, do what you can to defend yourself and get a not guilty.
Wow!! That is incredibly accurate legal ADVICE you are handing out there!! Whew, bet the OP was just waiting on the edge of his seat for that one!! :eek:

At the very least get it knocked down if what you are saying happened is what happened.
With all your legal experience... could you offer ANY thoughts on how that might be possible???
Or what evidence the OP could offer to induce the prosecutor to "knock down" the existing charge??

Yes my "legal experience" has managed to get me a few not guilties and a "knock down", but that really doesn't matter since the high and mighty (or the low and lacking) has spoken.

Good luck zmonster, both in getting a good outcome in court and getting any real "ADVICE" on this site.

JETX

loulblades said:
Yes my "legal experience" has managed to get me a few not guilties and a "knock down", but that really doesn't matter since the high and mighty (or the low and lacking) has spoken.
So, I guess your 'legal experience' never taught you that these are NOT 'not guilty' verdicts but are 'dismissals'.??
And your 'experience' never taught you that these are NOT 'knock downs', but are 'reductions'??
Guess you need some more 'experience'. :eek:

zmonster

This is an update on my case. The cop said his story, I said my story, I created reasonable doubt, and the judge found me not guilty. This is for you "Mr. Know it All", Jetx, there is such a verdict as " not guilty ", and I got it today. Thanks a lot anyway.

JETX

Hmmmm... wanna' bet the judge said 'case dismissed' or 'charges dismissed'', and did NOT say.... "Not Guilty"? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">