• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mscoolwood

What is the name of your state? California
I have two different tickets, 1 for a California stop, ( incomplete stop) this one I believe has a warrent, 2nd for dropping my daughter off at school in a no drop zone, (missed it by two driveways) they want almost $800.00 plus they are putting a hold on my licence. I can't pay the outrageouse fees they charge, so here's the question: If I turn myself in and spend a night in jail waiting for my day in court, what are the chances the judge will say time served,(case dismissed) or throw me back in jail till time is served, How long can they hold me? or what else ? ** SCARED **

garrula lingua

Go to the court where the ticket is. Ask the clerk to schedule it so you can appear on the tickets (usu done the same day).

It's up to the Judge as to what happens. In most courts, you will not be remanded (jailed); the Judge may allow you to plead guilty on the tickets and allow you to make payments or do community service for the fines.

Just apologize to the Judge & explain why, if asked, you didn't appear earlier.

After you plead, you need an abstract from the clerk to take to DMV to show that you took care of the failure to appear and this will end the suspension on your driver's license (ask the clerk for the abstract).
DMV may charge you a reissue fee for your license.

Take care of this soon. There probably is a warrant out on the FTA & you can be arrested; just go to court & take care of it & you'll be fine - no arrest.

racer72

Traffic ticket in themselves are not jailable offenses. It would be highly unlikely you could exchange jail time for the monetary fines. Most if not all courts are agreeable to payment plans that fit within your budget. As long as you stay current with the payment plan, you license will not be suspended. Don't wait to take care of it, the longer you wait, the worse it will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">