• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school zone not marked from side street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bighatbighead

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

I turned right from a side street into a school zone. a sign marking the beginning of the school zone was 50 ' before the side street. Of course I couldn't see that sign. the the next sign was nearly a quarter mile away. the cop who cited me was parked just before the second sign and ticket me for 30 mph in a 20.

defered adjudication is $343 for 180 days. It is not the fine that bothers me as much as I had no way of knowing I was in a school zone.

School zone is very long, 3/4 mile, with a slow left curve, not quite 90 degrees over the whole length. cannot see the school until right before the second sign.

It was just a fluke that I was on that road. I live in the neighborhood but only rarely drive that way. I have never gone down the side road before that day.

justalayman

so you normally drive down the road where you would have seen the first school zone sign? Doesn't that kill your claim of lack of notice?

justalayman

No. Read again.
what, this part?

. I live in the neighborhood but only rarely drive that way.
I know you are referring to this part though:

. I have never gone down the side road before that day.
but that doesn't negate the fact you have apparently driven down the road with the sign on it.

If you mean something else, you need to say something else. What I get out of your post is: you have never been on the side street before but you have been on the road the school is on which would mean you would have driven right passed that sign that was 50' prior to where you turned onto the school road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">