• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Zone Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michelle222

Texas

I had entered a school zone after the flashing light (if it was even flashing). I was turning left, the flashing light was to the right of me probably 30 yards. I was traveling 38mph when the officer recorded me on radar. I do not dispute that. I the speed limit was 40, and as I was unsure whether the school zone was over, I slowed down to 30 when I got to the crossing guard line (and school crossing sign). No children were present, nor am I sure even crossing guards were present. I knew the officer was there, and I honestly couldn't fathom that he was pulling me over for speeding. He informed me that the school zone started 1900 yards (or feet) before the line I saw indication a school zone. First off, my ticket was issued at 3:30 pm. School ended at 3:00. He probably pulled me over at 3:28. When I went back to check on the sign, there is no time posted, it just says "when flashing". I realize ignorance is not an excuse, but I honestly thought the school zone started at the crossing sign (beyond the fact that I though the school zone was over). Do I even bother discussing this with a judge or just suck it up and pay the fine?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">