• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seat belt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

becik

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hi, I live in NYC. Yesterday I was in a car with my husband, he was driving.
On the small intersection on the right side was a police car ready to go so my husband wave to them to go ahead. Well they told us to go first and they pulled us over. Police officer came to me and asked for ID, I gave it to him my permit driver license. He came back with the ticket for me for 130$ for not wearing a seat belts. I was shocked because Im pregnant and Im wearing my seat belts always. I had them on all the time. They didnt even wanted to listen to me.
What do I do? Its my word against them. I dont want to pay for something I didnt do, just because they feel like it.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hi, I live in NYC. Yesterday I was in a car with my husband, he was driving.
On the small intersection on the right side was a police car ready to go so my husband wave to them to go ahead. Well they told us to go first and they pulled us over. Police officer came to me and asked for ID, I gave it to him my permit driver license. He came back with the ticket for me for 130$ for not wearing a seat belts. I was shocked because Im pregnant and Im wearing my seat belts always. I had them on all the time. They didnt even wanted to listen to me.
What do I do? Its my word against them. I dont want to pay for something I didnt do, just because they feel like it.
Do what everyone else does - check the "not guilty" box and mail the ticket back.

LSCAP

And when you get to court try to explain that you don't let the belt cross your stomach, but that you always wear the belt.
Especially as you are pregnant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">