• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seatbelt ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtates

I am from New York and I got a seatbelt ticket when in actuality i was wearing a seatbelt. when the trooper pulled me over, he noted that i was going 64 in a work zone (which was only fast enough to keep with traffic), and that i wasn't wearing my seatbelt. well, i was most certainly wearing my belt. unfortunately there are no other witnesses to attest to this. so now i have a ticket for something i didn't do but am unsure whether or not to fight this considering he could've given me a work zone speeding ticket. i know absolutely nothing of these laws but i don't want to risk showing up and them saying "ok, we'll do away with the ticket, but you were speeding too, so here's a brand new speeding ticket." please let me know how this works.
ps, i do have some connections- my coach is a retired swat captain and my uncle is a CO, does this help?

LSCAP

Crimps sake, He gave you a break with the seatbelt ticket.
And with two 'friends' in the family why are you asking strangers?"

jtates

yeah good point. the ticket at least won't cost me any license points and it's not that expensive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">