• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seatbelt ticket w/seatbelt on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erstephan

I was pulled over a little over an hour ago by South Carolina Highway Patrol in Little River. He told me that when he passed me, I didn't have my seat belt on even though I hadn't taken it off since I left my house. I mentioned this to him and his response was you'll have your day in court. Is our legal system really this screwed up that there isnt much I can do till court? My friend was in the car and he saw me with it on. Any advice will help.

I_Got_Banned

Is our legal system really this screwed up that there isnt much I can do till court?
A "You'll get your day in court" implies to you that the system is screwed up?

How would YOU prefer it be handled? Fighting the officer on the side of the road or bribing him to tear up the citation?

admin456

And really you wouldn't be able to do much in court either, unless your car would be able to give data that you were in fact buckled in. But it's your word against po and usually you would lose. Pay the ticket, don't worry about court because you will lose (more than likely) and pay court fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">