• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service Fees for Dismissed Ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richx1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Today I received a Delinquent Account Notice along with a Motion to Dismiss for a recent red light camera ticket.

I was served the ticket and promptly responded stating I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the infraction and provided the needed documentation.

My issue is this: while I do agree that I was served by them, the case was dismissed without prej on grounds I was not the driver. Had they attempted to check my DMV record the picture on my license would have shown that the driver in the photo ticket is not the owner. Yet I am being held responsible.

My personal feelings (while not relevant, I still will argue) is that this is a license to steal from the taxpayers.

Is it possible to vacate this charge on grounds the ticket was dismissed? Or will I still be required to pay this "fine"?

Jendor

*Note: I am not a legal person. I've been reading these forums a lot, and the below answer is what I believe is the correct answer.

If you're the registered owner of the vehicle, you're still responsible. It sounds like the ticket was dismissed since it was proven by picture you weren't the driver, but being the registered owner is where you are being held responsible for annoying service fees.

I would suggest you talk to the person you allowed to drive your vehicle about paying the service fees.

who sent you a fee bill? You did not force them to chk your reg. If its the camera company, I would not pay ... its the cost of litigation. Unless there is a statutory reason for the fee to be paid by someone whose case has been dismissed then you are not liable.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
who sent you a fee bill? You did not force them to chk your reg. If its the camera company, I would not pay ... its the cost of litigation. Unless there is a statutory reason for the fee to be paid by someone whose case has been dismissed then you are not liable.
Utter nonsense.

Perhaps you can enlighten the forum members with what experience you have had with red light camera tickets in the state of Arizona.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">