• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Set court date through GC Serivces how do I confirm...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megankm

Hi guys so this is kind of long sorry...

I have a Failure to Appear (40508AVC) currently. My debt was sent to GC Services basically a collection agency that works with the Los Angles court. I was out of state for 2 weeks because my grandma was turning 80 and is getting sicker and sicker so we had a family reunion to celebrate one last time.

Anyway I received the letter from the DMV saying my license was suspended when I got back home basically because I just forgot I had set a court date to dispute my cellphone ticket (it was gps and was connected to my dash via suction, so it was hands free) Anyway long story short I called GC services explained to them that I wanted a court date to fight it so I don't have to pay $800 plus a misdemeanor on my record (really...) They told me a date, time, etc. but they gave me no confirmation number or anything. How do I confirm with the courts that I actually have a court date and how to I get the court to send an abstract to the DMV so I can get my license reinstated until the court date?

Thank you in advance, sorry its long but I was trying to relay all information possible.

xylene

Any time a traffic situation has placed your license at risk, you should contact a lawyer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Before you get a letter of suspension, you get a letter threatening suspension. Why did you ignore that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">