• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I contest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhobgood

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas. I was caught speeding this morning in a school zone at 7 a.m. 8/23/11. I was going the normal 40 in a school 20. I know there isn't much case there. But when I reviewed my ticket, the time stamp shows 7:39 8/18/11. The 8/18/11 is where I think I have a case. The local schools system started back for the year yesterday 8/22/11. So if I were to contest the ticket, and the officer were to testify that I was caught speeding on the 18th then it should be thrown out due to the fact that school zone's were not in affect on the 18th. So I guess my question is, should I contest this? I know school zone's are difficult to beat. My other question is, if I lose can I still take defensive driving, or can I anyways since it's 20 over in a school zone? Do I have any other options here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">