• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I counter sue take the school or just fight back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shinrinken

I live in AZ, and I was ticketed today for going 15 over when no one was around but a few cars going the same speed.
However the cop screw up pretty big and rather then go to my window waited behind my car for like a min. After what I see as a gesture to come out. He pulls a gun out on me. Then has me come out of the car. Then ask if he could pat me down. I say no I rather he not. He does anyway. Even though there was nothing in my pockets other then my wallet. Then after confronting him he was trying to say my chain hooked to my wallet and belt loop was enough for him to do it anyway. (It wasn't even covered by my shirt so it shouldn't have matter.)
So I'm wondering should I counter sue as he didn't have a right to do any of that. Just fight the ticket, or since I guess I could take the school go for the school but rather not unless I really have to as it like giving up a "get out of jail free" card. Rather not unless it not safe to.

Isis1

I live in AZ, and I was ticketed today for going 15 over when no one was around but a few cars going the same speed.
However the cop screw up pretty big and rather then go to my window waited behind my car for like a min. After what I see as a gesture to come out. He pulls a gun out on me. Then has me come out of the car. Then ask if he could pat me down. I say no I rather he not. He does anyway. Even though there was nothing in my pockets other then my wallet. Then after confronting him he was trying to say my chain hooked to my wallet and belt loop was enough for him to do it anyway. (It wasn't even covered by my shirt so it shouldn't have matter.)
So I'm wondering should I counter sue as he didn't have a right to do any of that. Just fight the ticket, or since I guess I could take the school go for the school but rather not unless I really have to as it like giving up a "get out of jail free" card. Rather not unless it not safe to.
you do not have a "get out of jail card".

you were speeding. you were pulled over.

what is the exact citation?

Shinrinken

I was speeding. I can take the class which wipes it from record, (I.E get out of jail card.) Though with how the officer acted I would have a chance of getting it over turned. Hints why I figured I would asked if I should counter sue to get out just fight it or take the class.

Isis1

I was speeding. I can take the class which wipes it from record, (I.E get out of jail card.) Though with how the officer acted I would have a chance of getting it over turned. Hints why I figured I would asked if I should counter sue to get out just fight it or take the class.
if you were ONLY speeding...there was no jail time considered. therefore...no "get out of jail" card. it will not make the ticket vanish into thin air. suing the police agency will not wipe away your speeding ticket. you were speeding.

the officer reacted to you getting out of the vehicle. as he is trained to do. he patted you down for HIS safety.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Though with how the officer acted I would have a chance of getting it over turned.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. No judge will want to hear that because it is totally irrelevant to the traffic case. The officer's actions, even IF they were wrong, do not have one thing to do with you speeding offense.

Hints why I figured I would asked if I should counter sue to get out just fight it or take the class.
Counter sue? Who is suing you? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">