• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I fight this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsustu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I received a citation for an "improper left turn" about two weeks ago. They gave me my court date (about a month after I received the citation. The other day I received a subpoena saying that I was requested to appear in recorders court, and that my court date had been pushed back to late October. I'd heard that recently a left-turn law was overturned in my state, and I don't know if it pertains to the ticket I got. The state supreme court overturned the law after I'd gotten my ticket, so I'm wondering if my court date being pushed back has anything to do with that. Can anyone give me any information? Initially, I planned on just paying the fine, but now I'm thinking I might can beat it if I go to court.

I_Got_Banned

What were the circumstances of your alleged violation?

The law that was overturned by the GA Supreme court was the law requiring drivers turning left onto a multi-lane roadway to turn into the left-lane on the grounds that it was ambiguous and vague.

So unless that was the specific violation you were charged with, then the delay has nothing to do with the court's decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">