• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should i fight it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

383stroker86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arkansas,

Ok tonight i was pulled over by our good old vanburen city cops for loud exhaust and he wrote me a dang ticket for illegal modified exhaust... i have flowmaster exhaust i have a 89 gmc with 383 stroker with headers so whats the deal can i fight it or whats up.....

OHRoadwarrior

Sure, go ahead and fight it. Don't be surprised when you lose.
27-37-601. Noise or smoke producing devices prohibited.
(a)* Every motor vehicle shall, at all times, be equipped with a factory-installed muffler or one duplicating factory specifications, in good working order and in constant operation, to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.*
* * (b)* No person shall use on a motor vehicle upon the public roads, highways, streets, or alleys of this state, nor shall any person sell for use on a motor vehicle upon the public roads, highways, streets, or alleys of this state, a muffler, other than as defined in subsection (a) of this section, cutout, bypass, similar device, or any type device which produces excessive or unusual noise or smoke.*

History. Acts 1937, No. 300, § 126; Pope's Dig., § 6786; Acts 1959, No. 219, § 1; A.S.A. 1947, § 75-726.

383stroker86

Sure, go ahead and fight it. Don't be surprised when you lose.
ok so all these rice burners are illegal to right do to what you sent they also have no factory or to the same effect exhaust...... I see it like this if arkansas is not going to have a inspection anymore then it shouldnt matter... so what you are saying ohroad warrior is every one that runs after market exhaust is illegal (flowmaster,glasspacks megaflows) in the same then why are we not pulling motorcyles over due to the after market exhaust and all it states is that uyou have to have a muffler flowmaster is a muffler......

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
ok so all these rice burners are illegal to right
Yes, if they have loud exhaust systems.

I see it like this if arkansas is not going to have a inspection anymore then it shouldnt matter...
Why is that?

so what you are saying ohroad warrior is every one that runs after market exhaust is illegal (flowmaster,glasspacks megaflows)
Yes, if the exhaust is loud.

in the same then why are we not pulling motorcyles over due to the after market exhaust
Ask "them". Maybe "they" are but you don't see it.

all it states is that uyou have to have a muffler flowmaster is a muffler......
It says alot more than that. Read it again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">