• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I fight my ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jarbo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I recieved a speeding ticket the other day while getting on the freeway and keeping up with the flow up traffic. I just took the ticket and didnt give any excuses to the officer.

I am wandering can I or should I challenge this? Or should I try to get it deferred?

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is your defense to the charge? And "everybody else was doing it" isn't a defense.

jarbo

I thought about that. No I would use the everyone else was doing it. I was merley merging onto traffic and if I did not speed up to the flow of traffic, I may have caused an accident.

HomeGuru

I thought about that. No I would use the everyone else was doing it. I was merley merging onto traffic and if I did not speed up to the flow of traffic, I may have caused an accident.
**A: so if everyone was going 100 mph, you can too?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, your plan is to walk in to court and ADMIT to the charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">