• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I trust this PA cop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jh501

I was recently given a speeding ticket in PA. The cop said something odd to me. He handed me the citation and said that I would get a ticket but there won't be any points assessed to me. I was pleasantly surprised and thought maybe he wrote me up for a non-moving violation like no seat belt or something. But sure enough, I looked at the ticket and it was for speeding.

My concern is that I never heard of a cop being able to give a point producing moving violation and withhold the points. My 1st question is, is this even possible?? And if it is, is there a way I can confirm no points will be given to me? My second question is, should I trust him? There was no note or anything on the ticket that said no points. My fear is that maybe he just said that so I would just pay the fine and not fight it. Since its all hearsay, the cop can just deny saying anything to me about no points.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-jh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">