• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Wait & Take My Chances???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MMC005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I have court at the end of November. I recently found out I had missed a court date back in September & have a warrent out for me with a $5,000 bond. I don't know what it is for except when I had called about my court date coming up the court clerk told me about the missed court date & told me it was for driving while suspended & no proof of insurance. I have never been in trouble before & didn't even know my license was suspended until I was pulled over & went to jail (which is what my November court is for). I know a lot of people say this and they are full of it but I'm actually being serious. The clerk told me to bring whatever I thought neccessary to help my case to open docket court to take care of my warrent. Should I wait until my November court date to take care of it all or take my chances and go to open docket court? I really can't afford to spend time in jail. But I don't want to make this any worse either.

FlyingRon

You need to do what the clerk said. Going to court on the second charge (driving while suspended) will not have any bearing on whatever the first charge you failed to appear on. You still need to appear on that. If you're lucky they MIGHT schedule both cases for the same day, but that's not guaranteed because of the scheduling of the witnesses (police officer).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">