• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Speeding Ticket Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kc_punk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

KS

Mkay, so I was in a rush one morning, and that being said, I was speeding on my way to work. The particular highway I was on, K-7 Highway in Shawnee, KS, is divided into two speeds, 60 & 65. I was pulled over for traveling at a speed of 76 MPH. Yes, I realize I deserve a ticket for this, and yes I do accept the consequence of my actions. HOWEVER, I just had a basic question about the stop.

When I got pulled over, the officer told me that he stopped me for going 76 MPH in a 65 zone, which is only 11 over the posted legal speed for the 65 zone. I accepted the citation and went about my business. Once I got to work, I looked at the citation and something caught my eye...the officer had written down that I was doing 76 in a 60, rather than in a 65 as he said he pulled me over for. The fine was $132, but I was just curious as to whether or not anyone may know how what was written on the ticket and what he told me may affect the fine amount. Is there any chance possible it could perhaps be a lower fine, as I was told I was only doing 11 over the legal speed, but on the ticket it states that I was doing 16 over?

As I said, I accept the consequence for my actions, but money is a tad bit tight right now, and I was just curious as to whether or not this mistake could lower the fine by any amount.

Thanks so much in advance for the help. :)

-Josh

RuRu0886

The fine was $132, but I was just curious as to whether or not anyone may know how what was written on the ticket and what he told me may affect the fine amount. Is there any chance possible it could perhaps be a lower fine, as I was told I was only doing 11 over the legal speed, but on the ticket it states that I was doing 16 over?

the fine maybe a little lower depending on your state.i got a speeding ticket(arizona) i was clocked at 104 when i slowed down.anyways in my state it is 1-10 over,11-15 over,16-20over so on and so on.it may not be much of a difference but it should be lower.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">