• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sitting With No Lights On

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lifsver25

What is the name of your state? VA

I was recently pulled over the cop was sitting on left hand side of the road at night there was no lights indicating he was sitting on the side of the roadlike for example parking lights, etc.. The place where he was sitting was right across from a rental car company that has workers park there on the side of the road in the grass. As soon as I passed him he turned on his headlights turned around and got behind me and as soon as the light turned green he put his lights on and proceeded for my registration and driver's license. He said he clocked me going 43 in a 25 speed limit. Is this considered concelment because he had no lights or anything on? Or should I just pay this and get on with my life?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? VA

I was recently pulled over the cop was sitting on left hand side of the road at night there was no lights indicating he was sitting on the side of the roadlike for example parking lights, etc.. The place where he was sitting was right across from a rental car company that has workers park there on the side of the road in the grass. As soon as I passed him he turned on his headlights turned around and got behind me and as soon as the light turned green he put his lights on and proceeded for my registration and driver's license. He said he clocked me going 43 in a 25 speed limit. Is this considered concelment because he had no lights or anything on? Or should I just pay this and get on with my life?
OF course it is. He concealed himself and witnessed you breaking the law. :D

seniorjudge

Q: Is this considered concelment because he had no lights or anything on?

A: Yes.

Q: Should I just pay this and get on with my life?

A: Yes.

CdwJava

Why would "concealment" be a problem with regards to a citation? I don't think VA has a law that requires the cops announce their presence whenever they are watching traffic, does it?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">