• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in snow hit a truck and got reckless driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suvsugu

I am in Nj. yesterday morning it was heavily snowing, and in signal, I could not hit the break because of the ABS system, and I hit the truck in front of me. THe cop gave me a reckless driving and 2 pts and 80 dollar fine. I couldnt stop because the snow, is it fair to give me a reckless driving ticket?

mommyof4

I am in Nj. yesterday morning it was heavily snowing, and in signal, I could not hit the break because of the ABS system, and I hit the truck in front of me. THe cop gave me a reckless driving and 2 pts and 80 dollar fine. I couldnt stop because the snow, is it fair to give me a reckless driving ticket?
Yes, because if you had been driving in a safe manner adjusted to the weather conditions, you wouldn't have hit the person in front of you.

xylene

I could not hit the break because of the ABS system
Complete nonsense

ABS improves your ability to stop.

Either you are not familiar with the operation of ABS, which requires you mash and hold the pedal (not release it in response to the ABS clicks)

AND / OR

You were driving too fast and or following to close

Get a lawyer. This is a very serious ticket that could cost you your license.

suvsugu

but i got only 2 points. If i am not defending and paying the 80 dollars, nothing is gonna happen...right?. whats the difference between reckless and careless driving, in regards to punishment, and future issues?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">