• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Solid Line Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelsey1993

New hampshire.

I recieved a ticket for a solid line violation after being pulled over by a state trooper. He stated that I had crossed the solid white line on the right side too many times. I however, didn't remember doing so. I chose to fight the ticket and have court November 21, 2011. I don't feel very confident proving that I didn't do what I was accused of. But I need advice as to what I can say to prevent the judge from revoking my license as I have no other way to get to work.

As for crossing the white line, when asked why I had crossed the white line too many times I had stated that I had dropped my lighter and reached down to pick it up meanwhile keeping my eyes on the road.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

What are you charged with (265:24 or something?)?

Why would your license be revoked as a result of that?

Last edited:

CSO286

New hampshire.

I recieved a ticket for a solid line violation after being pulled over by a state trooper. He stated that I had crossed the solid white line on the right side too many times. I however, didn't remember doing so. I chose to fight the ticket and have court November 21, 2011. I don't feel very confident proving that I didn't do what I was accused of. But I need advice as to what I can say to prevent the judge from revoking my license as I have no other way to get to work.

As for crossing the white line, when asked why I had crossed the white line too many times I had stated that I had dropped my lighter and reached down to pick it up meanwhile keeping my eyes on the road.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why would you be up for revocation?????

Well, you admit that you did exactly what you were accused of.

Look, I've been pulled over for the exact same thing in my own state (I did end up with just a warning). We had a carful of people and we were talking. I have a tendency to hug the outside edge when I drive.

Pay the fine, take the point or two.

Kelsey1993

What are you charged with (265:24 or something?)?

Why would your license be revoked as a result of that?

I am under 21, and in our state you can lose your license for any moving violation for 20 days the first time, 45 the second, and 90 the third. The ticket stated that I was being charged with a Solid Line Violation

Kelsey1993

Why would you be up for revocation?????

Well, you admit that you did exactly what you were accused of.

Look, I've been pulled over for the exact same thing in my own state (I did end up with just a warning). We had a carful of people and we were talking. I have a tendency to hug the outside edge when I drive.

Pay the fine, take the point or two.
Well I admitted that I had dropped my lighter, but I said to the officer that I didnt think that I had crossed the white line while picking it up. I would be up for revocation because of the under 21 law in new hampshire. If you are under 21 and get a moving violation of any kind you lose your license.

CSO286

Well I admitted that I had dropped my lighter, but I said to the officer that I didnt think that I had crossed the white line while picking it up. I would be up for revocation because of the under 21 law in new hampshire. If you are under 21 and get a moving violation of any kind you lose your license.
But you don't know, and given that the nice officer was watching you drive, I think he was in a better postion than you to state whether or not you had.

In addition, most--if not all--troopers are equipped with cameras, so there is probably video evidence of your infraction.

Last edited:

Kelsey1993

But you don't know, and given that he nice officer was watching you drive, I think he was in a better postion than you to state whether or not you had.

In addition, most--if not all--troopers are equipped with cameras, so there is probably video evidence of your infraction.

This is true, should I ask to see the video? or would that not even be worth it given the facts. I mean the only reason i am choosing to fight it is so I can plead to the judge that I do need my vehicle and license to get to work as my work is not right in my backyard or same town nonetheless.

FlyingRon

They don't need the video evidence. The officer will testify you drove off the road several times. That's all the proof needed. I'm still confused. A single three pointer won't suspend your license even if you're under 18. What are you charged with?

Kelsey1993

They don't need the video evidence. The officer will testify you drove off the road several times. That's all the proof needed. I'm still confused. A single three pointer won't suspend your license even if you're under 18. What are you charged with?

In new hampshire when I was issued my license at 16, it says it expires when i am 21. When you are 16 you are issued a junior operators license which means until you are 21 you keep the same license and any moving violation of any sort requires them to suspend your license for 20 days for the first ticket you recieve if you plead guilty, 45 days for the second, and 90 for the third, after that its indefinite. so if i go to court and just plead guilty and pay the fine, i lose my license for 45 days

FlyingRon

I'm going to ask this one more time and if you don't answer you can kiss off the chances of getting any assistance.

WHAT ARE YOU CHARGED WITH?

If you are under 20 and have a youth license you will lose it for 20 days.
You can try throwing yourself on the mercy of the judge but I can't see you have any defense otherwise.

Kelsey1993

From what I have found, the restrictions are only in place until you are 18.
That is what I always thought too, but recently I went to court to fight a ticked for Following a car to closely, and won but if i hadnt he would have suspended my license. he stated, " Instead of taking your license so you can get toyour job i will place you on 6 months good behavior without fining"

FlyingRon

That is what I always thought too, but recently I went to court to fight a ticked for Following a car to closely, and won but if i hadnt he would have suspended my license. he stated, " Instead of taking your license so you can get toyour job i will place you on 6 months good behavior without fining"
Great more stuff you haven't told us. Has the 6 months expired yet?

Kelsey1993

I'm going to ask this one more time and if you don't answer you can kiss off the chances of getting any assistance.

WHAT ARE YOU CHARGED WITH?

If you are under 20 and have a youth license you will lose it for 20 days.
You can try throwing yourself on the mercy of the judge but I can't see you have any defense otherwise.
I do not know what the charge is! All I recieved for paperwork was the pink ticket that he issued me at the time of being pulled over. it stated on the ticket that the reason for the ticket was a Solid Line Violation...i dont know what else you want me to tell you.

Kelsey1993

Great more stuff you haven't told us. Has the 6 months expired yet?
No, but the 6 months good behavior has no effect or anything to do with this ticket or court hearing because I got the solid line violation ticket after the fact. and that I do not need advice on because I asked a lawyer at the courthouse. you can try to tell me differently but he cannot change his ruling on the 6 months good behavior at this court hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">