• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone signed my name to a ticket - MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpowelljr

Hello, I am from Maryland. About 3 years ago a person that I used to be friends with signed my name to their "failure to produce ID" ticket, after finding out about this in the mail with the notice of suspension letter I tracked down what had happend, got a new court date and had it thrown out of court. I went through the DMV and had a flag put on my record for ID theft. Well, low and behold earlier this year the same person did it again and now I have a new court date set up for the middle of June. What legal action can I take against this guy to prevent this from happening again, anyone?

sukharev

Report to police and/or sue the guy. ID theft is a serious crime, and if officer can confirm the true identity of the guy he ticketed, you can lend him in jail in no time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">