• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someones been getting tickets in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dadagrinch

Hi all I need help on how to get my driving record. I live in Rhode Island and I went to the registery 2 days ago to change my address, just moved. The lady at the registery told me that my licence suspended and I have to call DMV court. I called the DMV court from a pay phone and they told me that I had a ticket back in september for speeding that came to a total of $240.00 and since it never got paid my licence has been suspended since september, so I didnt know what they were talking about Ive never driven fast in my lifenor have I gotten a ticket in over10 years. I came home and I called them back again and I spoke to someone else and they told me that there were 2 charges on the ticket, one was speeding and the 2nd charge was not having my licence on my person while operating my vehicle. I asked the guy on the phone for all the ticket info, and it goes as followed, the car is registered to my name the ticket was given in my name but the driver didnt have his licence on him so he used my name. I have a cousin with the same name as me, and at the time, we both lived on the same street 2 houses apart so Ive come to the conclusion it was him and he also has or had the same car that was on the ticket, a 1996 black lexus ( yeah, I wish I owned a Lexus, I guess if I sold drugs like he does then I could own one ). I have to go to traffic court on tuesday and Im not to concerned with proving my case that it was him and not me but how do I get a driving record report on myself so I can find out if this scumbag has had more tickets in my name that I never new about because he paid for them so I wouldnt find out, but this way they wouldnt go on his driving record. I dont have a car at the moment and Im not paying for vehicle insurance but what about when I do, there gonna charge me all kinds of fee`s because they will think Ive been a mad man on the roads. Also what kind of criminal charges can I bring him up on if there are more in my name, or will the state do that automatically. Please any and all help is appretiated. Thank you

V

Vincent Cosent

Driving Records

Check with Secretary of States office or driver liscense facility may help.

dncr

As for getting a copy of your driving record to see what all he's done in your name, you can get a copy from the DMV for about $5...go to their website. www.dmv.org. good luck...that sucks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">